Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Family traditions.

It's not exactly beginning
to look a lot like Christmas...
Lights have been hung, the tree has been trimmed and presents are EXPLODING from beneath our Christmas tree. It's the most wonderful time of the year without question, but this will be the first year EVER for me where I won't be freezing my booty off during this fabulous time of year. This year, Nick, Bennett and I will be flying solo for Christmas for the first time in our lives. How very grown up of us huh? Maybe so, but I would be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me aching for the snow and the chaos of being home for the holidays. It just felt like it would be too much for us to take a two month old baby in a plane (basically a flying tin can of germs and yuck), during flu season, to the north east. So, instead, we get to make some memories of our own here, just the three of us. Not to mention, next week we'll be taking the 9 hour trek to Nevada to spend some time with Nick's parents and introduce baby B to his great, great aunt Edna who is 112 YEARS OLD!!
The point of this is, I want to make our first Christmas home together really special. Yes, I realize Bennett doesn't know what is going on this year(even though I MAY have wrapped a few gifts from "Santa"), but I do, and I LOVE Christmas, and having our own little Christmas tradition would mean a lot to me. The one thing that I was really excited about doing was the Trolly of Lights tour here in SB (hop on a trolly, tour the lights...pretty self explanatory :-p) but its stinking sold out! So Nick and I are going to make our own version: on Christmas Eve we're going to fill some thermos' with some hot chocolate, bundle B up, and walk our asses down "candy cane lane" (a street here in SB where everyone goes Griswald style). Pretty excited about that :) Then Christmas night we were thinking of having some of our buddies here for a Christmas ham and maybe I'll attempt some homemade eggnog!


What are some of your favorite family traditions? I'd love to hear them!


Today's WOD:

12 min amrap
Bennett and his Crossfit buddy, Addison

  • 10 box jumps (I did my first linked box jumps in about a year! I did have to swallow some postpartum pride and move back down to the 12" box to do this)
  • 10 push-ups (on my knees)
  • 10 squats
  • 10 kettle bell swings (20#)


Every second minute on the minute you stop whatever you're doing and do 10 dumb bell snatches (20#).

score: 4 complete rounds plus 17 reps.



1 comment:

  1. Nice job today! I also love having my wod's documented ;) that way I can look back and remember them hehe. Excited to spend some time Christmas day with you guys my california family. XO

    ReplyDelete