Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

4 Ingredient Homemade De-puffing Face Mask

Just because we're in a spending freeze does not mean that this girl doesn't like periodic facials! Due to lack of sleep, this little face is lacking a certain...je ne sais quoi. I would like to personally thank my uncle for pointing that out the other day on Skype :-p Thank you Uncle Glen :-p
So! Rather than moping I decided to do something about it, which is when I stumbled across this recipe for a "Mocha-Frappuccino Mask". Doesn't that sound like a wake up to you?! I mean, in what other ways can I incorporate coffee into my life...? :-p

...and because I love a good before and after, here is me...COMPLETELY makeup-less; before, during and after! The during may scare your dog...you've been warned.


tired
little scary, but on my way...
after...and B likes me better too!

Reasons why this mask ROCKS:



  • This is REAL food! It's so healthy for your skin you could eat it!  
  • Your face smells (and tastes for that matter) like mocha
  • People told me for two days the last time I did this that I was "glowing"
  • It's GREEN! You get to recycle those coffee grounds instead of throwing them away!
  • It's super inexpensive to make...I had everything in my pantry (yes, even the yogurt...I wanted to make a smoothie...okay?!)


The Recipe from Crunchy Betty:


Mocha-Frappuccino Mask (Coffee, Cocoa Powder, and Honey Facial Mask) Recipe

  • 2 Tbsp freshly ground coffee (the finer the grind, the better)
  • 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 3 Tbsp. milk (whole), heavy cream, or yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp. honey
 Mix all the ingredients together well. Apply to a sleepy morning face. Allow the mask to dry for 15-20 minutes. Wash off in the shower, scrubbing VERY lightly over the skin while rinsing.


Tip:

  • Crunchy Betty says to make the mask right after you make fresh coffee. I have not yet done this to see the difference it would make. The recipe makes quite a lot of mask, so I popped mine into the fridge to use again. I'm sure the coffee beans freshly ground would make a big difference, but I have pretty sensitive skin and have already felt a difference from doing it the way I have. So with that information, do with it what you will :)
  • This mask does contain caffeine! You may get a little caffeine boost/buzz from it...just sayin'.

That's it! I hope you enjoy this little facial treat as much as I did!

Jen




















No comments:

Post a Comment