Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

In the meantime..

I'm looking at the adorable little face of my little Bennett boy and realize how quickly time is going. Too fast. Slow down.

This past week at swimming lessons he had his first submersion already! Yes, meaning he went under water (in a controlled environment with a professional). Man, that little one loves the water. I was exploding with joy and laughter watching him float around the pool on our instructors belly. His legs kicking up a storm, that little Buddha belly popping in and out of the water, his face painted with pure happiness, squeals of joy coming out of him. I loved every second of that moment. My baby loves the water.

Last week was Bennett's first time with a sitter.This was hard for me. Nick had someone in mind who he thought would be wonderful with Bennett. It's not that I didn't think she would be, but I was scared. Scared of leaving him for four hours. Scared of him preferring her to me. Who knows. Just scared. When I came home from four sweet hours of just me, myself and I, I felt like I came to the table with more to offer him as a mommy. I was refreshed. I worked out one solid hour without checking to make sure he was happy. I did three hours of uninterrupted work. Hell, I drank my coffee while it was still hot...
...I came back full, and I feel like we were better for it.

We are still waking up every two hours at night, but I don't mind. I know that at some point he's going to sleep in until ten and even then I may need to wake him up so he doesn't sleep through the WHOLE day. I know that while it may feel hard right now, I will sleep again. For now, the lack of sleep is nothing a little coffee and one of those amazing Bennett morning wake up smirks can't cure.



No comments:

Post a Comment